Anyone looking for ductless HVAC systems for a home or office has plenty of options from which to choose. In fact, it is often hard for many people to decide on the model they want. Looking through the various possibilities often leads to confusion about which system choice is right for their needs.
That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the best ductless HVAC systems on the market for 2017. Each of these models has a variety of features and benefits that make them well worth your time. That said, each has downsides that you need to understand before purchasing.
*The following products were listed by price, from the most expensive to the most affordable one.
1. GREE Vireo
The GREE Viero is an excellent choice for those looking for easy-to-install ductless HVAC systems. It comes in a variety of different output levels, including as high as 12,000 BTU at 230 volts. It requires the use of a line set to help attach it to the wall and keep it operating quietly and efficiently in your home.
Each model of this system comes with a fan that operates at four different speeds in heating or cooling mode. Its high-quality heating pump gives you a broad range of operating capabilities, including temperature and direction adjustment. Even better, it comes with a timer that will turn off your system after a set period.
- Energy Savings Mode protects your bottom line and saves you money.
- Easy-to-use control center that streamlines operation.
- Wireless control option that works efficiently with your system.
- Can be loud in certain situations.
- Might be outside the price range of some customers.
2. Pioneer WYS012-17 Air Conditioner Inverter
Pioneer is making some of the best ductless HVAC systems on the market today. This model is easily one of their most popular. With a reasonable price and strong professional reviews, it stands out as one of the most reliable and strongest ductless HVAC systems available in 2017.
The features of this Pioneer system help it stand out among some strong competition. For example, it has a 16-foot installation line that makes it easy to install just about anywhere in your home. It also has a varying temperature range from about five to 122 degrees Fahrenheit. Even better, the included Wi-Fi remote access and programming system makes it very easy to adjust.
- 12,000 BTU heating and cooling capacity.
- Efficient energy voltage of 110-120 vac.
- Easy installation in most homes.
- Wi-Fi connection is sometimes inaccurate.
- Not attractive in some homes.
3. Senville SENL-09CD
Another great HVAC option is this powerful Senville model. Of all the ductless HVAC systems on our list, this one has some of the most interesting features and benefits. While it does have its downsides, it is a great choice for a variety of homes. We suggest it for larger homes with multiple floors. However, it can also be adjusted for use in smaller apartments or single-story homes as well.
The most obvious feature of this model is its whisper-quiet operation. Fans of this model rave about how quiet it operates. As a result, it is a great choice for bedrooms. However, it also comes with an infrared remote control that is easy to program to create an engaging and high-quality heating and cooling system.
- Powerful enough for large homes.
- Adaptable to areas as small as an apartment.
- Quietest operation of the ductless HVAC systems on our list.
- Some users ran into trouble with their remote control.
- Not as easy to install as more portable ductless HVAC systems.
4. Blueridge 15 SEER Single Zone
Those who want ductless HVAC systems that are a little less expensive could try this Blueridge model. By focusing on creating a single-zone heating and cooling system, it creates an inexpensive and efficient choice that is right for many types of homes.
One of the best features of this model is the intelligent defrost system that helps keep it from getting too cold. It also has a built-in fan display that makes it easy to control and operate. Another strong feature is its system for controlling the direction of your air flow. While this control method is not complex or incredibly powerful, it is a nice addition to the model.
- A high-quality product at a reasonable price.
- Easy air flow direction control.
- Inverted condenser increases operating efficiency.
- Might be too small for some homes.
- Lacks the diverse temperature range of some models.
5. App-Enabled RolliCool
Portable ductless HVAC systems are sometimes hard to find on the market. However, this great RolliCool model should fit those needs quite easily. It is a powerful system that heats and cools homes of various sizes. However, it can also be removed from a home and installed in a camper or even a friend or family member’s apartment during a visit. This portability makes it a great unit for the regular traveler.
Of all the ductless HVAC systems on this list, the RolliCool is the most mobile. It can be easily transported with the included handle. Beyond its portability, it also has four different modes that can circulate stagnant air, dehumidify a room, and maintain your preferred temperature. Other features include the three-speed fan for multiple heating and cooling needs.
- Automated heating and cooling for diverse needs.
- Wireless remote for an easier control.
- Bluetooth control system for various mobile devices.
- Lacks the raw power of stronger systems.
- A lower range of control options.
The Bottom Line
So, which of these ductless HVAC systems is the perfect model for you? Again, that will vary depending on your needs. We think that each of these systems is an excellent choice for the right home. However, only you can gauge which system is right for your situation.
Do you have any information you want to share about these systems? Then drop us a line below. We are always ready to listen to what our readers have to say and appreciate your input. We are also willing to take advice on other systems that we may have missed on our list.
Image source: 1